- February 8, 2021
- Posted by: Suntrustbank
SunTrust Bank, inspired by the future, is a privately held Commercial Bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria under the BOFIA.
We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. The Bank focuses its lending activities on SME Finance, Retail/Consumer Banking, medium to large Corporate Finance and explores other specialised Development/infrastructure financing activities.
- To trade actively in the Two-Way Quotes (Treasury bills and Bonds) market on daily basis within trading hours and also within pre-defined trading limits.
- Proper management of Treasury bills and Bonds Blotter, Reconciliation of Securities position, and daily Revenue figures.
- To ensure SunTrust Bank Nigeria Ltd maintains a reasonable market share of trading activities.
- Trading income monitoring and recognition, record keeping, portfolio management and reconciliation.
- Proper management of Fixed Income Blotter, proper record keeping of data i.e., trading volumes, income figures, FI market data etc.
- To ensure SunTrust Bank Nigeria Ltd maintains an active presence in the market.
- To take adequate position on Bond and Treasury bills trading within the pre-determined trading limits.
- Execution of strategies for profitable trading and positioning within acceptable risk and where appropriate influence the development of market in fixed income.
- Maintain very close relationship with counterparties and regulatory authorities such as CBN, FMDQ, CSCS and DMO.
- Work closely with the FI sales desk to maximise opportunities in the Fixed income market.
- To cross sell other SunTrust Bank Nigeria Ltd products to the Treasury customer base.
- Posting of consummated transactions that relates to the fixed income trading activities.
- Preparation of fixed income securities trading blotter on daily basis.
- Error free and timely submission of Blotter to TROPS, market risk, Audit and Control group
- To work with Treasury operations and ensure all differences between the Blotter and System generated transaction are corrected.
- Ensure Marketing call at least once in a weekly.
- To keep abreast with changes in the business and regulatory environment.
- To abide by the rules and regulations lay down by the regulatory authorities, SunTrust’s internal control and Dealer code of conduct.
- Build strong relationship with other traders in the market to make SunTrust Bank Nigeria Ltd their first point of call for transactions.
- Any other assignment as required by Head, Trading.
- Bachelor’s degree holder
- Minimum of 7 years of trading in Fx markets
- Certified ACI member
- Proven P&L track record in a proprietary trading context.
- Strong numerical skills and an ability to solve problems.
- Strong communication skills are essential as part of the role.
- A strong sense of teamwork.
- A strong technical and practical knowledge of derivatives is required.
To apply kindly send cv to HR@suntrustng.com