- February 8, 2021
- Posted by: Suntrustbank
SunTrust Bank, inspired by the future, is a privately held Commercial Bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria under the BOFIA.
We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. The Bank focuses its lending activities on SME Finance, Retail/Consumer Banking, medium to large Corporate Finance and explores other specialised Development/infrastructure financing activities.
Management of daily money desk operation and accounting for investment securities, wholesale liabilities, deal in currencies within the limits allotted by the bank and contribute to achieving the targets.
- Generating profit and revenue through the execution of client orders as well as through the hedging of client positions;
• Contact banks and brokers daily to collect interest rates, and investing accordingly to maximize the return of the portfolio.
• Improving efficiencies on the desk.
• Quote foreign currency buying and selling rates to clients.
• Ensure that trading desk is complete, on time and maintained while making sure that market and execution risk is dealt with according to policies.
• Servicing of Corporate Treasury sales pricing / structuring requirements and risk management of resultant positions.
• Management of bank daily liquidity position;
• Maintain the bank’s investment portfolio accounting system;
• Investing excess cash balances to maximize returns.
• Perform fundamental analysis in order to evaluate the creditworthiness of each issuer and assess relative value.
• Inter-bank borrowing and lending of deposit and loans. Quote deposit and loan rates to corporate customers both local and international as per rules.
• Inter-bank dealing and trading foreign currencies.
• Maintaining relationships with other parts of Treasury and the wider Group to ensure adequate profile and development of the unit.
• Review official statements for variable rate securities before a new security is purchased.
• Responsible for the preparation of relevant reports and analysis e.g. reconciliations, accruals for Treasury related transactions, monthly liquidity analysis, cash flow business reports.
Qualification & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree holder
- Certified ACI member
- Proven P&L track record in a proprietary trading context.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience of trading in money markets.
• Strong numerical skills and an ability to solve problems.
• Strong communication skills are essential as part of the role.
• A strong sense of teamwork.
• A strong technical and practical knowledge of derivatives is required.
To apply kindly send cv to HR@suntrustng.com